Horrorphilia Hot Seat with Actress Marie Lynn
This is Marie Lynn. This is what the Horrorphilia Hot Seat is all about. Its not about major names who wont answer questions, its about us giving you the next big name or someone just wanting to give back to you fans. (Truly its about me finding hot actresses and asking the most absurd things to them for my kicks. But dont tell anyone.)This is weird though, she actually came to us. Are you serious, people actually want us to do this to them…She said, ” James please ask me those kill, fuck and marry questions “…I was planned on just doing all the questions like that for her. But, we had to talk about something else. All jokes aside, what a class act. She is the real deal. If you like what you read, she has a Facebook account, just dont go over there and ask creepy questions..That is my job..you guys rule..thanks so much..
1. When you play someone who is uncredited do you get paid? Or do you do it for the experience?
It depends on the project, sometimes. It is also good experience however.
2.You were on the set of Dollhouse, Amityville Horror (2005 version) CSI, and quite possibly the worst movie I ever seen in my lifetime called An American Carol, do actors come on to you, or are they dicks cause you are not, how do they say it ” in their league”?
There are very strict rules on set as to who is allowed to speak to whom. Any of the extras are basically treated like cattle and are expected to be silent unless told to speak. So no, the actors for the most part pretend you don’t exist. One time and one time only I was on set with Melissa George and as she left when the scene was finished, she looked over to us and said, “Thanks guys!” That to me was pretty awesome of her.
3. We do this with everyone, so its called Kill, Fuck or Marry. You have to pick one for each. I wanted to be fair so I picked at least 2 I knew you would know from being in the same movie, and may have had the experience of meeting.
Kelsey Grammer, Bill O Reilly, and Ron Jeremy
Kelsey Grammer definitely seems like he has his head on straight so out of these 3 if I had to pick I’d marry this one.
Bill OReilly might benefit from being put out of his misery with the amount of stress he carries, but I don’t believe in killing.
Ron Jeremy.. Hahaha… dirty.
4. Did you always want to be an actress?
I wanted to be a lawyer, then an astronaut, but couldn’t fight my true self any longer. Actress is what I am and find true passion and joy in. I was a dancer my entire life as well and that is what I was pursuing until I was in a car accident at 15 that messed up my back.
5. Have you ever went to a audition and it was 3 males in the room and they said the role called for nudity, and asks you to go ahead and strip and you were reading for a Disney family film?
Hahaha… No. I was called into an audition that I was aware had topless nudity and there was one man in the room with a tiny camera and asked me to take off my shirt (not my bra), which is actually not professional. You’re supposed to have a place you can change and come back in a robe, or at least have the camera facing away from you and no one watching as you undress. So I felt weird. I knew I didn’t want to do topless before that (I don’t remember why I went on the audition), and that confirmed it for me.
6. You are a young and up and coming actress, podcast here, interview there…is there any question that you keep getting asked or you been asked, that you say to yourself ” why”?
I keep getting asked the, “Kill, fuck or Marry,” question and I just can’t seem to figure out why…
7. Have you dated anyone famous..Corey Feldman, Tom Arnold, Trent Reznor. All you young hollywood starlets love the NIN and Manson guys?
Oh yes, all of them, and the NIN guys twice. Haha… jk. No.
8. Lets be serious, look at you, you are beautiful and could probably make any guy act like a complete ass to get your attention..have you ever been heartbroken?
Oh wow… Good question. Yes, of course. No relationship is perfect and when it doesn’t work out it’s always heartbreaking.
9. Lets talk about Hollywood and the stigma. Why is there not more heavy set actresses? I mean guys come in all shapes and sizes and society supports it. But, why do all the women only come one way or size, do you think its fair,that Hollywood has a double standard?
I absolutely do not think it’s fair. Women can be beautiful at any shape or size, it’s a shame that there is a stigma.
10. Would you do a reality show? Scream Queens, Rock of Love, Ray J, Jersey Shore?
11. When you are not acting, do you work a regular job?
Yes. I am a Behavioral Therapist
12. Do you get recognized? If so, how do you react?
Not usually, but I have been in the past. I’m shocked everytime.
I’m looking for roles that will push me as an actress. Characters that go through intense emotions and that have very different lives than my own. I honestly am striving to do action films. However love doing horror and drama. Haven’t done too much comedy, but what I have done has been fun and I’m open to it.
14. This question is not meant to offend you, and if you dont want to answer it please dont… They are offering the Octo Mom a half million to do a porno. They are also reaching out to other reality and former stars and offering big money to do one movie. If your agent called you, and said you had an offer to do one, would you consider it, till you get better roles?
Oh gosh! Me personally, no. That is not my preference.
15. Have you ever dealt with any assholes and dick that treated you like shit on a casting call or on a set? This is your chance lets hear….
Oh man. Yes. The worst casting call scenario was the one I talked about before. That man was very rude. However I have run into it on set a few times. Gosh would I love to talk about the worst, but I can’t it’s still too fresh.
16. Being in movies, people think actresses have the life. Money, parties, being beaten by Charlie Sheen, do you ever get discouraged?
Haha.. Absolutely. Every day is a struggle for every actor. It is a tough business, and every actress will tell you the same thing.
17. You have a daughter and at 15 she comes to you and says “Mom, I want to quit school and go to Hollywood and be a star”. What would you tell her?
Oh my gosh! My heart just dropped. Haha.. I think it would depend on my daughter and how serious I felt she was and based on the things I know if I thought she might have just an ounce of a chance based on who she is. She may not be ready for it at that age, but I would feel it out and see if she still needed to mature. I think I’d brush it off as just a thought she had, until I felt like she was serious, then I’d do whatever I could to help support her and let her experience it for herself. I’d warn her of course, and advise her what it’s like, but if she was up for the challenge the best thing I could do for her is to let her at least try. I wouldn’t let her quit school though. If we could live in LA and have her go to school or get home schooled and pursue it then I’d do that. It depends on a lot of circumstances, but bottom line is I would never want to take away a person’s dream let alone my daughter’s. She’ll figure out for herself if it’s truly what she wants to do. However schooling would be a requirement, even college classes. I don’t care how successful she becomes. There are many things to life one should learn and I’d hope to instill in her that a continuing education is important for any career at any age. If I can work 3 jobs and go to school over full time, she most certainly could do acting and school.
18. At casting calls, what is the longest you ever waited to read for a role?
Reading for a role you usually have an appointment time and the longest I’ve waited after that time is probably 30 mins. It’s when it’s a cattle call for extras you wait the longest. For Amityville Horror I waited 3 hours.
19. My fave part…please by all means plug plug and tell these people who you are..and how they can see and reach you..thank you
Well, my name is Marie Lynn. You can find me at http://www.actressmarielynn.com/ for photos, info, videos, updates on my career and contacting me. Including a link to my facebook. I have a bunch of projects that are in pre-production right now that I’ll be doing sometime over the next year that you can keep an eye out for, but in January there will be the release of the webseries, “The Journeys,” and “Diary of a Black Widow,” which you can find me in. Also a feature called, “Photographic,” where I have a small role. In February there will be the release of my feature film, “The Call Girl,” where I play the lead, and sometime throughout the year will be a cartoon image of me in a show called, “Valora,” where I posed for the artist Steven Perkins who painted the characters. It’s definitely worth checking out! Last but not least sometime throughout the year as well you can check out a fun music video I did for musician Derek Jordan and his song, “Liberate You,” which will be posted on my website. All release dates and links to viewing/ purchasing dvds will be posted on my website. There you can also see the, “Friday the 13th” fan film I did with director Joe Patnaud. If you are a fan of my photos you can also request them through my website, certain images will be available in poster size, as well as the movie posters. Thanks so much for the interview, and thank you all for reading! I hope you got to know a little about me and enjoyed it!