Before the interview with Al Jourgensen of Ministry, I want to say a few things. First off, Jason Lloyd, deserves so much credit for all the hard work he does to make Horrorphilia happen.(applause) Jim Townsend, (hell yes) for doing the first interview and taking a chance on us. I am not here to give you news just to say I have news. Whether its true or false, just so I can keep fans interested. I am not the leading news source on all things horror. I am just the honest one. I am the one who will interview people, and unlike all the other so called ” cutting edge” websites and podcasts, I feel like I deliver the alternative. There is not one person alive who ever had the nuts or guts to call Al out for the sudden shift from Land of Rape and Honey to Psalm 69, even though metal and alternative magazines all said it in their reviews, they never had the guts to just say it to him. I did. I feel like our fans, don’t need the same old interviews that everyone else gives and claims they are different. I have no claims, just proof…and finally, thanks to the people who read this(fuck yes, take a bow) without you..there is no me..no Hot Seat..and for that I give you mother fucking Ministry’s own Al Jourgensen…thanks people for letting me live a dream…enjoy
1. Al Jourgensen, this is word association..you tell me the first thing that comes in your mind
a. Phil Anselmo
I THINK WE MET ONCE
b. Rob Zombie
ME ON A BAD HAIR DAY
c. The US Military
d. Online downloading
IT’S LIKE CYBER SHOPLIFTING
e. Limp Bizkit’s Nookie
I SAW THAT IN THE STUDIO WITH FRED ONE DAY IN LA…
2. I know the fans favorite cd is Psalm 69. You got N.W.O ( A video that in my own opinion Rob Zombie was a fan of for that look he sort of adopted) Just one fix and the big radio hit with you and Gibby Jesus built my hotrod. That cd is a classic, But, I am actually a bigger fan of Filth Pig. What is your favorite Ministry cd? And why?
MY FAVORITE MINISTRY CD? WHAT MAKES YOU THINK I HAVE CDS? I DON’T EVEN HAVE AN
IPOD. I STILL LISTEN TO RECORDS. BUY MY NEW RECORD ALBUM!!
3. I know your a horror fan, you been on many horror soundtracks..and also had a role in Wicked Lake. What was that like Al, working on a horror movie set?
OF MINE AND I LOVE WORKING WITH THAT GUY. IF I COULD WORK WITH ZACH ON HIS FILMS 24/7 I WOULD BE IN HEAVEN. I LOVE THAT GUY. I ALSO REALLY LIKED THE PRODUCER CARL MORANO,
HE’S BORN THE SAME DAY AND YEAR AS ME AND HE IS A SICK, TWISTED PUPPY.
4. You think Ministry has a place in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame?
CURRENTLY WE ARE ON THE WALL OF SHAME SO WHY NOT?
5. Do you still read what the critics and fans say about your music and band?
NO. WHAT IS DONE IS DONE. IT’S THE PAST. I AM CURRENTLY WORKING ON MY SOLO PROJECT, SO THAT IS WHAT I AM FOCUSED ON…THIS ISN’T SUNSET BOULEVARD…
6. What is your favorite record of all time, and why?
MY FAVORITE RECORD ALBUM IS….THAT’S A TOUGH ONE. RIO GRANDE MUD/ZZ TOP…
I’LL HAVE TO GET BACK TO YA.
7. Is there any band you ever toured with that you did not get along with? (details if you want)
8. Looking at some of your previous works like Twitch, A mind, and Land of Rape and Honey and comparing them to Psalm 69, is like night and day. Was it always your idea to make Ministry a heavy industrial band with political points of view, and why the change so quick?
AS THEY SAY – IT’S WHERE THE MUSE TOOK ME. THAT’S WHAT HAPPENED. I DON’T HAVE
A FORMULA OR EXPLANATION FOR IT…IT’S JUST WHAT HAPPENED IN THE STUDIO. BACK IN
THE “OLD DAYS” OF THE 90S, ARTISTS ACTUALLY GOT TO EVOLVE INTO THEIR MUSIC…IT WAS
A DIFFERENT TIME BACK THEN.
9. Al, this is what pisses me off. George Bush was probably the worst president since Nixon. The hurricane relief to the victims of New Orleans and the gulf coast took 4 days. That is in-excusable. But, Kayne West and other black artists calling him racist, was stupid. There were just as many white people, what color do victims and suffering have these days, and why in the fuck should it matter….now lets fast forward 5 years since Katrina. Tennessee has a massive flood, and the state is begging for help. They cried on national tv for help from our nation. Obama really did not offer anything. Ok, he may have been busy…..but then the BP fiasco. Millions of animals are dead. Hundreds of jobs are lost and a whole ocean full of crude. We went over 70 days till he spoke up about it. The worst recession since Black Friday in 1929. Black Leaders and the Black Panthers forcing people in the north to vote for Obama, threats at voting booths, protests about rights and colors. What do you think of Obama?
I THINK HE INHERITED THE WORST JOB ON EARTH. I HAD HOPE FOR A MINUTE THINGS MIGHT
CHANGE. I THINK WE ALL DID. I THINK OBAMA WENT INTO THE OVAL OFFICE THAT FIRST DAY
WITH A LOT OF HOPE AND DETERMINATION, AND THEN HE GOT THE “BRIEFING” AND REALIZED
IT’S NOT WITHIN HIS POWER, IT’S THE OLIGARCHY, DUDE!
10. Lets rewind again, 1998–Lars Ulrich telling the world how bad Napster is, and that its not fair to the artists. Most musicians attacked Lars and the fans all did. He’s greedy, he’s this and that…Metallica don’t need any more money…If Napster never existed, do you think music would still be in the same shape?
IT WAS GOING TO HAPPEN NO MATTER WHAT – SOONER OR LATER, IT WAS GOING TO HAPPEN.
11. Again thanks for taking time out of your busy as hell schedule to do this with us..last question and its a doozy…Do you think America funded Al Quida in its attacks on 9/11?
I GOT TWO WORDS FOR YA, – LOOSE CHANGE.